Some people have it, some people don’t. For those of you who don’t have a sweet tooth, consider yourself one of the lucky ones. For those who do, you know the feeling of not being able to resist the office candy bowl. The good news is you don’t have to go off the deep end to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here are 10 ways to calm that craving without destroying your healthy eating plan.
1. Yogurt Parfait
- Take some nonfat Greek yogurt and top it with whole grain granola and fresh fruit. You could also drizzle with honey!
2. Candy Popcorn
- Pop some plain popcorn and then drizzled with honey or stir in 2 tbsp. dark chocolate.
3. Banana Ice Cream
- Freeze a banana and throw it in the blender. It will have a smooth texture and delicious flavor. Blend in a tbsp. of peanut butter or chocolate chips to make it a more indulgent dessert!
4. Chocolate Oats
- Take a small cup (4 oz.) of cooked rolled oats and stir in 1-2 tbsp. dark chocolate (you could also add bananas). The chocolate melts right into the oats, making a gooey chocolate treat.
- Smoothies can be pretty delicious, even green ones! Throw in a handful of greens (such as spinach or kale), some of your favorite fruits, a little almond/soy/skim milk, and blend until smooth!
6. Frozen Cherries or Grapes
- Grapes and cherries are delicious fresh, but can be even better frozen! Try them as a treat on a hot summer day.
- A small, 100% juice, all natural popsicle can do the trick! But, make sure it is 100% all natural juice with no added sugar.
8. Fruit Leather
- Give this a try, it’s a health foodie’s fruit by the foot! But, be sure the fruit leather you chose is all natural and has no added sugar.
9. Graham crackers and peanut butter
- Whole wheat graham crackers and all natural peanut butter is an easy, simple snack to throw together to satisfy that sweet tooth.
10. Fruit alone
- Fruit is nature’s candy. Cherries, pineapple, watermelon, grapes, mango, kiwi, the sweet deliciousness could go on and on! Think of fruit in a different light and start having it as a treat.