HR Insights


Should HR Managers Embrace "Employee Types"?

Posted by Ginger Sullivan on June 29, 2016

Should HR Managers Embrace "Employee Types"? | Ginger Sullivan | HR Insights blog by CareATC, Inc.Canon has conducted research about "Employee Types" - fundamental personality traits which tend to come out in individuals, making them respond to tailor-made management styles.

Canon identified three employee types:

  • Focused Employees
  • Balanced Employees
  • Mobile Employees

20% of Canon's employees were Focused, spending 80% of their time at their workstations, with the remaining 20% split between collaboration and reflection.

40% of Canon's Employees were Balanced, working and collaborating in equal measure, with a need for more active and versatile management.

The remaining 40% were Mobile employees, who spent most of their time collaborating, and almost no time in personal planning. Canon concluded that a one-size-fits-all management style doesn't work, and has crafted managerial approaches for each group.

Read full article at HCA Mag.

Photo credit: benwatts via Foter / CC BY

Ginger Sullivan

About The Author

Ginger Sullivan

As CareATC's Recruiter, Ginger primarily focuses on recruiting top talent for our clinics and Corporate office. She also uses her creativity to help plan Corporate events.

Post Topics Resources for Managers