Dear CareATC Clients, Patients, Providers, and Staff,
At CareATC, our medical providers come to work with a singular mission – to support the health and well-being of our clients and patients. It is our mission every day, but especially during a global health crisis, as we are experiencing today with COVID-19.
Rest assured that we are all working diligently with healthcare workers across the country to determine best practices in establishing protocols to protect our staff and patients from the spread of this disease. It can be difficult as it is a fluid situation, but we are monitoring closely and will continue to do so on a daily basis.
There are a few things you can do to prevent the spread of illness and protect yourselves, your families, and your coworkers:
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Avoid being around people who might be sick or have symptoms
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- Avoid handshakes and hugs, and practice social distancing keeping 6 feet between yourself and others
- Keep surfaces clean
- And try not to touch your face with your hands
- If you feel ill, call your healthcare provider for advice
At CareATC, we are also making changes to protect you and our staff:
- Sick visits are now being scheduled through telephonic encounters to provide advice and treatment recommendations over the phone. This will cut down on the chance of spreading illness to people who are otherwise well.
- Well visits are still being scheduled in our clinics because we know, even in times of crisis, we want our patients to receive the chronic care they need.
- Resources are available on our website to point people in the right direction and find ways they can take care of themselves and their loved ones.
We know times like these can be stressful, which can in turn, affect the health of your mind and body. We will continue to take care of our patients in the same manner we always have with kindness and empathy. And we will maintain communication with everyone as we navigate the situation across the country. We at CareATC, are here for you.
Kimberly Hutton, MD