Do you have a New Year’s Resolution to get back in shape this year? Jumpstart your new fitness goals by trying a type of workout you haven’t in the past! Moving forward, it will be important to continue to switch up your workout routine to keep your mind interested and your muscles most active. If you continue to change your exercise routine, you will burn more calories as you continually challenge your body. If workouts are too repetitive, they can bore both your mind and your muscles. Below are a variety of different types of workouts to incorporate in your fitness plan!
– Attending a yoga class can be an excellent workout, but yoga can also be a simple and great way to start your day! Start your day with a short, peaceful, positive, and centering yoga practice. Cat cow, downward dog, and a standing forward fold is a great three pose routine to get your body moving once you are out of bed.
– Barre classes can be a great way to add some nontraditional strength training between your cardio routines. Barre classes help to target multiple muscle groups at a time, giving your body an efficient strength workout. The movements you will do in Barre could work muscle groups that you usually do not use in your workouts, making it a great new addition to your routine!
– Kickboxing is a hugely effective cardio workout that uses almost all the muscles in your body! The instructor will guide you through a 45 to 60 minute workout, while the music bumps and you tone your entire body, especially your arms and your core.
- Swimming is a great form of low impact exercise that rejuvenates your mind and body. Give your joints a rest without missing a full-body cardio workout by adding swimming to your fitness plan.
– Join a sports league! Going to your team basketball game will feel more like a social event than a workout while giving you a great aerobic exercise!